1. Definitions: Within these terms and conditions the following words have
the following meanings: (You, Your): the customer or the renter of the
storage unit(s). (We, we, Us, us, Our, our) refer to uStore-it. (Goods,
goods): Anything you store in one of our storage units. (Unit, unit): The
storage space unit. (Start Date, start date): The first date specified on
the rental contract. (Site, site): The uStore-it premises. (Access Hours,
access hours): The hours specified on the rental contract when you
can access your storage. (Due Date, due date): The date specified for
payment in the rental contract, or the previous business day if they due
date falls on a public holiday, a Saturday or a Sunday.
2. Your Rights: We only permit the person who has signed the rental
contract to use the unit in accordance with our terms and conditions
from the start date of the rental contract until the rental contract is
3. Prior Inspection: You must carry out an inspection of your storage
unit before storing any goods within it, and inform us if you feel it is
unsuitable or damaged in any way. If this is not done, the unit will be
deemed suitable and in good condition from the start date of your rental
4. Access to the storage unit: You have access to the unit any time during
the access hours stated on the rental contract. We may change the
access hours if necessary without prior notice.
5. Any other persons wishing to access the storage unit, must have written
authorisation from you, or be accompanied by you. We will require
proof of identity of the person wishing to access your storage unit. We
can refuse access to any unit at any time without prior notice.
6. Only you are responsible for providing a secure padlock to lock your unit,
and you must ensure it is locked at all times. We are not responsible
for breaking locks if you lose keys or for locking units which are left
7. We are permitted to enter any storage units in case of emergency at any
time. If repairs or maintenance are needed to the unit, which are not an
emergency, we will give you a minimum of 7 days ́
8. We can enter the unit at any time by breaking the lock if: We believe that
you are storing prohibited goods or you are in breach of your rental contract, if
we are instructed to do so by the Police, Fire Service or Local Authorities, or by
9. You confirm that the goods being stored are your own property or that you
have been given authority by the owner of the goods to store them.
10. You may only use the unit for storage which is not prohibited. Items which
are prohibited include: Food or perishable goods, live creatures, combustible
or flammable materials or liquids, including petrol, oil or paint, explosives,
weapons or ammunition, chemicals, radioactive materials, toxic waste,
asbestos, illegal substances or goods which have been illegally obtained.
11. You are not permitted to: Do any mechanical work of any kind in the unit
or within our warehouse, attach anything to the walls, ceilings, floor or doors
of the unit or make any alteration to the unit, cause any damage to the unit or
allow any smell or odour to escape from the unit. The cost of any damage you
make to the unit will be charged to you. You must not cause any obstruction
within the warehouse.
12. You must inform us as quickly as possible of any damage to the unit, and
always comply with the directions of our employees at the site.
13. Moving Goods: If necessary, we may ask you to move your goods from
one unit to another. We will give you seven days ́ notice if goods need to be
14. Deposit: A deposit must be paid to us when you sign the rental contract.
The deposit will be returned to you, without interest within 21 days of the
contract being terminated, less any amount we deduct to cover, where
necessary, the repair or damage to the unit or unpaid fees.
15. Fees and Payment: You must pay us the fees for the minimum period of
storage on signing the rental contract, and continue to pay the fees on or
before the due date after the first payment. If your fees are not paid by the
due date you will be liable to pay a late payment charge of 10% of the fees due
(minimum charge 5€ for each period of two weeks).
16. If payments are returned or refused, we will make a further charge of
20.00€ plus IVA each time your payment is returned.
17. Alteration of Fees: We may alter the licence fees at any time by giving you
prior notice, and the new fees will take effect on the first due date, not less
than four weeks after the date of notice.
18. Non-payment of Fees: If you fail to pay the fees on the due date, we
may break the lock on your unit, and install a new lock without prior notice,
whether we have terminated your contract or not. If we decide to exclude you
from the site, you will still be obligated to pay any unpaid fees or late payment
19. If fees are still outstanding one month after the due date we may: (i) Give
you written notice that all goods in your storage unit will be removed if the
outstanding fees have not been paid within 72 hours of posting this notice
to the address stated on the rental contract. (ii) Remove the goods from the
storage unit and charge you the full cost of removing the goods (iii) Sell the
goods on your behalf and use the proceeds of the sale to clear any outstanding
fees which you owe to us. (iv) Dispose of any goods unsold.
20. You or we many terminate the rental contract by giving not less than
four weeks written notice if we see fit to do so. Any fees paid up front will be
refunded, less any discounts given.
21. You may not terminate your rental contract if any fees or late payment
charges are outstanding, or if you are in any way in breach of this contract.
22. We may terminate your rental contract immediately if you are in breach of
any term of the contract.
23. If you terminate your rental contract, you must leave the storage unit as
you found it, empty of all goods, clean and tidy. We may charge you if goods
are left in the unit or if it is not left in a clean condition.
24. Any goods left in the unit after termination of your rental contract can be
disposed of by us.
25. Insurance cover is compulsory. Goods are not automatically insured. We
can arrange insurance for you. If you do not insure your goods through us, the
storage of goods are at your own risk, and it is your responsibility to insure
them to their full replacement value. You may arrange alternative insurance,
providing you supply us with a copy of the insurance policy and the policy
number. Insurance arranged by
will be stored with us.
26. Liability Exclusion: We are not and will not be liable for any loss including
damage, economic or consequential loss to the goods stored in the unit,
whether or not the loss or damage is due to negligence or wilful default by
us or our employees or other customers. We will not be liable for any loss
including damage, economic or consequential loss incurred by you as a result
of damage or loss to your goods.
27. The Liability Exclusion, in condition 26 does not apply where our negligence
or wilful default of our employees causes you physical injury or death of any
28. Indemnity: You will indemnify us against all claims, demands, liabilities,
damages, costs and expenses incurred by us or any of our employees, or which
arise out of the breach of this agreement by you.
29. Notices: Any notice given under this rental contract must be in writing. Any
notice sent to you will be sent to the address on the rental contract. Notices
sent to us must be posted to the address set out on this rental contract.
Notices delivered personally will be served immediately, providing this rental
contract has not been breached in any way.
30. Force Majeuere: uStore-it shall not be liable for any loss or damage which
is suffered as a result of the terms and conditions in the rental agreement
being prevented, hindered or delayed by reason of any Act of God, riot, strike
or trade dispute, labour disturbance, accident, fire, flood, breakdown of plant
or machinery, difficulty in obtaining workmen, materials or transport, electrical
failure or other circumstances which are outside of our control, and which
affect the provision by us or the access to the storage units.
31. General: Any delay by us in exercising our rights under this rental contract
will not be a waiver of those rights.
32. You may not assign any of our rights or part with possession of the unit to
any other person, firm or company.
33. Variation of these terms and conditions will only be accepted by us if
previously agreed and confirmed in writing. We reserve the right to change
these terms and conditions without prior notice.
34. Should any one of these terms and conditions become invalid, illegal or
unenforceable, the remaining terms and conditions will not be affected in any
35. This agreement is governed by Spanish law and to the country to which the
person named on the rental contract is a citizen. We submit to the jurisdiction
of the Spanish courts and the courts of the country to which the person named
on the agreement is a citizen.
36. Where the customer named on the rental contract is two or more persons,
their obligations under this agreement shall be joint and several.